Thursday, October 15, 2009

Life-Style Change

I recently stated from the pulpit that a healthy church is always in transition. In other words, we need to constantly be in the state of Biblical change, personally, as well as a church.

Well, that applies to our personal lives as well. I've recently been trying to eat healthier and it has been paying off. I've lost around 13-15 pounds. However, it's time to step it up. I need to be doing more physically, especially during the winter months. So, we've decided to sign our family up for a 6 month membership at the Flat Rock Community Center. My workouts start tomorrow. My prayer is that I'll be able to exercise enough to increase the rate of my weight loss as well as just be healthier. The arthritis inhibits my mobility during the morning hours, but hopefully as my body loosens up, I can go later in the day. Since Sandra's hours have been cut at work, she will be able to go with me a day or two.
Also, we will all go together as a family and enjoy family fitness time.

All part of getting healthy. Now is the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's awesome that your entire family is making a conscious effort in your health; eating better, exercise, etc. I also think that's awesome that you are TALKING about it, outloud here on your blog, especially as a pastor & pastor's wife. What a great example!! My pastor's wife works out too, and although money keeps me from joining a gym or buying a treadmill, I do try to eat well and make healthy meals for my family. Personally, I believe we need to take care of the temple Jesus dwells within. We do our best to maintain the church building, where the body meets when the doors are open.. why shouldn't we care for this body, where Jesus dwells within? I don't mean to step on any toes here, if others read this. I only mean to inspire others to think about it and make some changes for the better.

Keep up the great work, Hugan family!! God bless!

Wendy Eaton
www.caringbridge.org/visit/eatonfamily

Bob & Sandra's Place said...

Thank you for your comments, Wendy. You are absolutely correct with your analogy of the church house. I believe the Lord cares about every aspect of our lives. It's a matter of stewardship.

Take care.
Bro. Hugan